Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps
Post time to comments.
Bringing Back The “Long List Of Excuses” Blog by CrossFit Relentless
We thought it was about time to bring this one back!! Enjoy.
I was thinking this morning about the long list of excuses typically offered by people who choose to suck at life and not do CrossFit. I thought it might be fun to point out the truth. Here goes……
1. I have to get in shape before I do CrossFit : the simple truth is that very few people feel they’re in shape enough to do CrossFit and you only get in that kind of shape by joining a CrossFit gym. The vast majority of people who join us have not worked out regularly in years and are at least 20 lbs overweight. We help them fix that and, if you could do it on your own, you would have done so already……so stop being silly.
2. I don’t have 2 hours a day to get in shape : The average class time here is 1 hour with most people starting out by taking 3 classes a week and eventually averaging 4 to 5 classes a week. We get 3 times more done here at CrossFit then most people do in 2 hours a day/5 days a week at your typical globogym and we do it in half the time. Stop procrastinating and get yer butt moving!
3. I don’t want to make a fool of myself in front of those really fit people: everyone feels like that at first and I mean everyone. The truth is you will never find a more supportive group to workout with than at a CrossFit gym. Typically the people who are the least capable get the loudest cheers. The day you join you will find complete strangers cheering you on before they even know your name! …..it’s like being in rehab without ever having been a drunk!
4. I’m too old: well,you might be old and if your lucky your going to get a lot older. You might want to think about being functionally strong so you don’t have to have a nurse bathe you because your too weak and wobbly to take a shower on your own. We have trained many people past the 50’s including some that are over 60 and 70 years old. Don’t be a poster child for the next “help I’ve fallen and can’t get up” commercial.
5: It’s too expensive: this one burns my ass red hot. I know tons of people who spend hundreds each month going out to eat(and getting fatter). Going out to bars and dropping 50-100 dollars getting drunk. How much does your daily Starbucks run cost you? You have the money…you just don’t value your health more than booze,bad food or coffee. Answer this…how much is your healthcare/life insurance costing you because you live your life like a mess?CrossFit will save you money in the long run…stop being cheap!
6. I already go to a gym..it’s a lot cheaper than CrossFit: Hell yeah it is…because they suck and have put t’v’s on treadmills and call that fitness. It’s not fitness…it’s shopping! If these gym’s knew how to get you fit, or cared to try, then they would scrap almost every piece of equipment they’ve spent on hundreds of thousands of dollars on and make their gym look more like a CrossFit gym.
7. I train with a trainer already , he says CrossFit is dangerous, and besides…I’m pretty fit already: Yeah it’s so dangerous that our 5 years olds do it and you can’t do 1 pull up,1 full push up or a full squat. What exactly is that trainer doing for you and how much is that costing you?
8: I don’t want to sweat or feel bad during a hard training session: well, the simple truth is you are lazy and you suck. They have created places for people like you…Gold’s gym,Planet Fitness, L.A fitness,Curves etc. Your workout should be hard and you should be a little nervous before you step in the door. “If your workout doesn’t scare you, it’s not hard enough…if it scares you into staying home then your not hard enough”(Greg Glassman).
9: I don’t want to get big and bulky like a guy: This one is almost laughable. Take a look at the picture below and tell me if she looks huge to you?
Well,what excuse do you have now?